93X (KXXR-FM) is looking for Promotions and/or Morning Show interns interested in learning about radio promotions, marketing and broadcasting all while having fun! Our station has a lot of history and passion behind it and we want interns who will represent 93X well. Interns will learn all about the planning and execution of station events, giveaways, branding, and general promotions.
This is an unpaid internship in which you must be enrolled in a college, university, or other accredited program in which you must receive credit for the internship. Upon completion of the internship, paid positions are a possibility.
One Semester (dependent on school requirements)
8-15 per week
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent all Cumulus Media Minneapolis stations in a positive manner at promotional events around the Twin Cities area.
- Collect, copy, organize, and disseminate promotional materials.
- Prepare and distribute congratulatory winner correspondence as well as contact winners to supply prize information & details.
- Interact with the general public during remotes and other promotional activities.
- Serve as a liaison for the promotions department by running errands and assisting the department as needed.
- Develop communication skills and how they relate to marketing, promotions and operations.
- Creating customer and client loyalty and satisfaction through superior service and attention to details.
- Other job-related duties as needed
- Must be enrolled in a college, university, or other accredited college program in which they must receive credit for the internship.
- Outgoing and upbeat personality is a MUST!
- Ability to lift 25-75+ pounds, unload station vehicles, etc.
- Ability to work 8-15+ hours per week, including week nights and weekends. Scheduling is EXTREMELY flexible based on our current school workload.
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram is a plus
E-mail your resume & cover letter to Promotions Director, Graham Swart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cumulus Media is an equal opportunity employer / AA