A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KXXR (“Station”), owned and operated by Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC or one of its subsidiary companies, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414, during available business hours Monday through Friday, Station’s website at www.93x.com or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the KXXR’s “T-Mobile March Fun in 2021” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Station, each of their parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A PERSON, HOUSEHOLD OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER MAY ONLY WIN ONE (1) PRIZE DURING THIS CONTEST PERIOD. ONCE A PERSON WINS IN A HOUSEHOLD OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY, THEN THAT PERSON ALONG WITH ANY IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER OR HOUSEHOLD IS INELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN THIS CONTEST.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin on 1:00 p.m. CST on Saturday, March 27, 2021 and will run through 3:00 p.m., CST on Saturday, March 27, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter.
Attend a remote broadcast (the “Remote”) conducted by the Station on Saturday, March 27, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. CST at the T-Mobile store located at 3467 River Rapids Dr., Coon Rapids, MN, 55448 and text “COUCH” to 68683 while present at the Remote to be entered to win. Information on how to register can also be obtained from the 93X booth onsite. As an alternative method of entry, Station will also have paper forms and one may be requested in case of technical difficulty or entrants not having a smartphone.
If the Remote is temporarily postponed or permanently cancelled due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC and T-Mobile (“Sponsors”), then no substitution shall be provided by Station or Sponsors. Station and Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of the Remote in light of COVID-19. By attending the Remote, participants acknowledge the risk of large group gatherings and assume all risks of attending a Remote, including any and all repercussions associated with attending the Remote.
4. Winner Selection. During the Remote, Station will conduct a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station approximately every fifteen (15) minutes during the Remote. ENTRANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. The first drawing, at the Remote will take place at approximately 1:15 p.m. CST on Saturday, March 27, 2021, with one (1) entrant randomly selected from all valid entries received up until that point as a potential prize winner. Prize drawings will continue every fifteen (15) minutes or so with one (1) entrant drawn at a time.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES. (Up to) eight (8) prizes (each, a “Prize”) will be awarded, with one (1) Prize awarded approximately every fifteen (15) minutes during the Remote during this Contest Period. Each Prize consists of a fifty dollar ($50) pre-paid Visa gift card. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is fifty dollars ($50).
Winner is responsible for all taxes and expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. No copies or reproductions accepted. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Offer is non-transferable, non-negotiable. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., T-Mobile USA, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. If, for any reason, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, this Contest or any Participating Station is not capable of running as planned by reason of an Act of God, disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, acts of government, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, system overload or any other causes, whether discovered or suspected by Sponsor, which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, does or could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, and/or provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Sponsor deems appropriate under the circumstances. In the event of termination, suspension or modification of this contest, a notice will be posted online and/or announced on-air.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: MINNEAPOLIS RADIO ASSETS, LLC, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
REMOTE PRIZE PROVIDER: T-Mobile USA, Inc., 12920 SE 38th Street, Bellevue, WA 98006.