We’re hiring staff to help run the 93X Black Box That Rocks at the Minnesota State Fair! Want to be a part of your favorite station for a few days? Apply now to join our team as a Part-Time Promotions Assistant! Each shift gets you free access to the Fair, and a chance to win concert tickets!
PART-TIME PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT
CUMULUS MEDIA | Minneapolis is in search of hard working Part-Time Promotions Assistants. If you are looking to get a foot in the door to the radio industry, have an outgoing personality and have a passion for radio, this is a great opportunity for you! This job will consist of general event support and engaging with the community through station events. CUMULUS MEDIA is currently seeking booth staff for the Minnesota State Fair, with the potential for long-term staffing.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Minneapolis, MN has a 3 station cluster (92 KQRS, 93X, LOVE 105). We are located centrally between Minneapolis & St. Paul, near the University of MN Campus.
The Promotions Assistant travels around the area and represents the Cumulus stations at specified events, acting as Brand Ambassadors. This includes set-up and breakdown of pop-up tents and tables, hanging banners, interacting with listeners and registering people to win prizes. To join the team, you must be able to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
In the office, the Promotions Assistant handles prize fulfillment, event preparation, contest building, prize sheet creation, brainstorming new ideas and other promotion-oriented tasks. The position also includes running errands and helping with vehicle maintenance.
We’re looking for charismatic applicants, with smiling faces and outgoing personalities. If you love talking to people and listening to great radio, this could be the perfect job for you.
- Assist in planning, organizing & execution of promotional events and digital campaigns
- Set-up and breakdown of remote broadcasts and station events; ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on the fly
- Represent stations at events in an upbeat, outgoing and friendly manner
- Data Entry of promotional events and contesting
- Guided social media posts
- Inventory and maintenance of prize closet, calendars, events for current and upcoming promotions
- Assisting the Promotions and Marketing Department with projects as needed in the office
- Assist with vehicle inspections, fuel and coordinating maintenance
- Ability to drive station vehicles with attached trailer
- Maintain and storage of station equipment
- No experience necessary, however Customer Service experience helpful
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable; have a flexible schedule and be available to work at least 20 hours per week, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Outgoing, energetic, detail-oriented and responsible
- Proficient using computers and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Event experience a plus
- Strong Social Media skills with sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).